- Contact Us
- Member Area
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
The Court of Federal Claims Bar Association provides numerous benefits to its members, including:
• Inside 717, a monthly publication providing timely information on recent court decisions and other significant events in all major areas of Court of Federal Claims practice. Inside 717 is the reincarnation, under a new title, of Executive Summary, which temporarily went off-line after the Spring 2008 issue. With the publication of the Spring 2009 issue, coinciding with the Court's annual celebration of Law Day, we inaugurate the new title, an updated format, and a new bi-monthly publication schedule. The new title reflects the fact that, in addition to reports on rulings in all major areas of the Court of Federal Claims' jurisdiction, the publication includes reports of significant Federal Circuit (and Supreme Court) decisions in cases emanating from the Court of Federal Claims, as well as occasional miscellaneous items of interest to the Court's community. The members of the Editorial Board encourage you to browse the "What's Inside" headlines to explore significant rulings outside your primary practice area.
• The acclaimed Deskbook for Practitioners, which features discussions of relevant precedent in all areas of the Court’s jurisdiction, provided free of charge.
• An informative quarterly e-newsletter.
• Regular Continuing Legal Education programs at the Court, including presentations addressing important practice issues, with participation by judges, academics, and leading practitioners.
• A Membership Directory that allows the public to locate members of the private bar with relevant experience.
What Our Members Value Most:
The Bar Association provides its members numerous educational opportunities to promote a better informed bar, increasing the quality of the representation of litigants before the Court, for the ultimate benefit of the public. The Bar Association organizes opportunities for practitioners to meet and interact with the judges of the Court and colleagues from both public and private practice for these purposes. Our members work closely with the Court’s judges to develop programs, to contribute to revisions to the Court’s Rules, and to organize a broad range of educational and other activities.
The Bar Association strives to make it possible for the relationships formed and activities available through your membership to provide a meaningful and satisfying element to your practice at both a personal and professional level.
Ready to become a part of the US Court of Federal Claims Bar Association? Join Online Now!